Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Sanctuary"

Happy New Year everyone! I'm excited to kick off 2014 with a brand new photo collage series titled V. The inspiration for the title stemmed from the letter "v" and how it represents feminine characteristics and femininity as a whole. Each piece should be considered an abstract interpretation of femininity rather than a literal one (for example, using a doe's skull). As you can see below, I have posted the first completed piece from the V series titled "Sanctuary".  

(Click below to view larger scale)

Sanctuary
16in. x 16in. photo collage
Series : V

The two images below should give you an idea of how the piece was constructed. Each tree branch was individually cut out by hand (see the image on the right) using an Xacto knife. Although it is tedious and time-consuming to cut and adhere each branch separately, I like that I am able to control the overall shape and fullness of the "frame" to my liking. I honestly lost count of how many branches were used total...but it was a lot.


Cheers to the New Year!

No comments: